Hilde Hefte - On The Corner (CD)
Hilde Hefte - voc.
Egil Kapstad - pno
Nisse Sandström - ten.sax.
Bjørn Alterhaug - b
Eyvind Olsen Wahlen - drums
1. I Love Being Here With You - Peggy Lee / Bill Schluger
2. Tea For Two - Irving Caeser / Vincent Youmans
3. Answer Me - Gerhard Winkler / Fred Rauch - English lyrics: Carl Sigman
4. Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea - Harold Arlen / Koehler
5. LIsell September -Hilde Hefte / Egil Kapstad
6. The Laziest Gal In Town - Cole Porter
7. At Long Last Love - Cole Porter
8. On The Corner - Hilde Hefte / Egil Kapstad
9. Hi-Lilli, Hi Lo - Helen Deutsch / Bronislau Kaper
10. New York City Blues - Peggy Lee / Quincy Jones
11. The Shining Sea - Peggy Lee / Johnny Mandel
12. & 13.: For Monica:
12. At angöra en brygga - Hasse & Tage / Lars Fernlöv
13. Yesterday I Heard The Rain - Gene Lees / Armando Manzanero
14. Quiet Now - Suzi Stern / Denny Zeitlin
.... . . . . .. . .. . . .. .. . . . . . . . . .... . .... . ... . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Recorded at Rainbow Studio, Oslo, Norway March 28th og 29th 2006 by Jan Erik Kongshaug. Mixed and mastered at Rainbow Studio by Kongshaug
Produser: Hilde Hefte / Co-producer: Jan Erik Kongshaug / Sound engineering: Jan Erik Kongshaug / Cover design: Alf Solbakken / All photos: Alf Solbakken
Skoot's Jazz (Skoot Larson USA):
"This World Class vocalist is deserving of more attention in the U.S.!" Skoot Larson
Bill at Sonic Wheel (USA): 5/5
Fantastic! One of the best jazz albums I've heard in years! Superb singing. World-class musicianship. Pure, sweet (but not overly so), honest, and fine in every way! Hilde has a wonderful voice!
Orkesterjournalen (Sweden): Hilde's voice is expressive, and she interprets the lyrics with a huge sence of storytelling.
All About Jazz (USA): Hefte's presentation is elegant and playful, and always personal.(...)On these songs Hefte proves herself an intelligent singer who can feel and play with the lyrics, melody and rhythm.
Germany: Hilde Hefte knows how to sing, has got class, and is not behaving like a diva. (...) sophisticated, in an old fashion way, with evening-dress and tuxido.
What a memory-album!
Beautiful vocal jazz
Newspaper-critics after the release concert at Agder Theatre:
This is our Queen of jazz!
Words and music makes you fall in love and get very impressed.
This was beautiful, Hilde.
F.vennen Øivind Holte
The audience after the concert:
"Hilde is a national treasure." Author and poet Paal-Helge Haugen
"Hilde is unique." Else Marie Jakobsen
(...)"this artist has got international standard." Head of Agder Theatre Alex Scherpf